JBL PlayUp Portable Wireless Speaker for Nokia - Battery safety

background image

Battery safety
Always switch the device off and unplug the charger before removing the battery. When you unplug a charger or an accessory,

hold and pull the plug, not the cord.

When your charger is not in use, unplug it from the electrical plug and the device. Do not leave a fully charged battery

connected to a charger, as overcharging may shorten the battery’s lifetime. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose

its charge over time.

Always keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F). Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime

of the battery. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily.

Accidental short-circuiting can happen when a metallic object touches the metal strips on the battery, for example, if you

carry a spare battery in your pocket. Short-circuiting may damage the battery or the connecting object.

Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Dispose of batteries according to local regulations. Recycle when

possible. Do not dispose as household garbage.

Do not dismantle, cut, open, crush, bend, puncture, or shred cells or batteries. If a battery leaks, do not let battery liquid

touch skin or eyes. If this happens, immediately flush the affected areas with water, or seek medical help.

Do not modify, remanufacture, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other

liquids. Batteries may explode if damaged.


background image

Use the battery and charger for their intended purposes only. Improper use, or use of unapproved batteries or incompatible

chargers may present a risk of fire, explosion, or other hazard, and may invalidate any approval or warranty. If you believe

the battery or charger is damaged, take it to a service center for inspection before continuing to use it. Never use a damaged

battery or charger. Only use the charger indoors.